If you have not heard yet, earlier this year, Twitter bought Periscope. Periscope is a phone app that lets users livestream whatever is happening around them for anyone who wanted to watch.
It’s like YouTube, but interactive.
So, imagine that you’re in a meeting and want to publicly or privately share the conversation with people across the world, or simply upstairs from you. With Periscope, you can point your phone’s camera at yourself or the room of people, and anyone, anywhere can see and interact with you.
This technology allows you to share whatever is around you with anyone who follows you, so if you wanted to create a fan-base for your “show”, you’d simply think of a topic and start your show. Using the technology is as simple as downloading and installing the app on your phone.
It’s even free and you can have hundreds of people watching simultaneously.
Here are ten ways you can use this app for business:
- Get people to tune in for your daily specials, if you’re a restaurant owner.
- Start a “How to” series. How to cook, how to sew, how to use a 3D printer, how to dance, etc.
- Start a Q&A or “Ask the Expert” segment that will position you as the authority in your field.
- Turn your podcasts into livestreams.
- Livestream your experiences around the world.
- Livestream your workshop.
- Demonstrate your product to the masses.
- Livestream your committee meetings to your membership.
- Address your employees, partners, fans, members on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and get instant feedback.
- Turn your radio show into a live show.
- Offer private group consulting or coaching.
- Lead a live office exercise routine.
- Train your sales people wherever they are.
- Sell your product, car, house, boat, etc. People will be able to ask questions live.
- Auction off stuff on eBay, but hold a livestream in case people have questions.
Ok, that’s more than 10 and I can go on, but I’m sure you get it by now. This is another no cost way to get people following and interacting with you.
Is it the future? Only time will tell, but I’m willing to bet that it will play a big part in it.
There are other livestream phone apps out there, such as MeerKat, but I like Periscope best.
You can go to Periscope.tv and download the app, or search for it on the App Store, or Play Store. Once you do, make sure you follow me @edisonguzman because I think I’m going to have some fun with this, and you’ll be the beneficiary.